21-02-2013

Played with my watercolor pencils

I find it very exciting when I'm working with watercolor paint, you do not know how the colors are going to flow into each other. I really want to learn painting with watercolor. On the internet I have searched a lot of information about painting with watercolor . And it will take a while before i mastered the techniques of watercolor painting . This water lily is too dark. You can not recognize that I have made this lily with watercolor pencils. Who knows what I do (wrong) . Suggestions and comments are welcome. 

Bianca

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Un bonito contraste entre verdes y rojo. Saludos.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello Bianca:) Rule nr. 1 for watercolors: be patient:)!
    About your painting. At first sight I thought you did the water lily with the pencils and the background with paint? My honest opinion is that I like this painting very much!
    On youtube you can find a lot of video's showing watercolor painting and all kinds of techniques. Have fun (most important!!).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Nice to see you are increasing your followers :)
    My advertisement on Google+ helped a bit. Nice! :D
    I like your painting too. It´s a beautyful effect with the red and green around the edges! Do you have thin watercolourpencils?
    My thought is that you -if that´s the case -will use them up too fast if you use them on larger spots. But offcourse that depends of the size of the painting too.I haven´t used my watercolourpencils for a long long time. But when I did; I thought they were good to use on top of the colours, to make more/different texture. If you look in my "gallery" (one of the links on top of my blog) you can see a painting with a red
    thépot. I have used watercolour pencils on that one, on the background if you want to see how I used it.
    I agree with Renate; be patient! I want to say one thing about watercolour too: It takes minutes to fall in love with watercolour, but it takes a lifetime to master (if ever) ;)But it is a must to read alot about colours and techniques, and watch others paint (on you tube for example.) And practise! But have FUN!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen